Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Camp NaNo and Interviews

I'll be joining Camp NaNo in July for my first ever camp! I'm in a cabin with a group of writer friends as well as a few people I haven't met before. I'm excited to see how it goes. I set my goal at 10k words, which right now feels a bit daunting as (with the exception of the past 3-4 days) I've hardly done any writing that wasn't editing in months.

While my husband was on a backpacking trip from Sunday-Wednesday, I spent the hours after the kids went to bed writing. My goal was to get back into the habit of writing every day so that my goal would be attainable.

My pace has been slow compared to a lot of writers, but I'm happy for what I've been getting done and believe I have a plan to complete my 10k words and maybe beyond!

In other news, I'll also be hosting writer and author interviews on the first Friday of every month, starting in July. It's been a lot of fun interviewing people and getting to know other writers and the way they work and their successes and struggles. I hope everyone enjoys reading the interviews every month.


3 comments:

  1. July is so full of exciting things. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! This is my first Camp NaNo too! Really looking forward to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to the interviews. Good luck at camp!

    ReplyDelete