Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Debut Novel: Heart of the Winterland

It's finally here! The day I never thought would come! I'm excited to share with you all that today my book, "Heart of the Winterland", is released! It's been a long journey that spans about 2 years from start to finish, but I made it. I've been wanting to write and publish a book ever since I was little, and now I finally have.

Heart of the Winterland is a clean, adult fantasy that has a fairytale vibe to it. The story starts with Princess Calisandra who's lived her entire life in the forgotten kingdom of Trabor--a place covered in a never-ending winter.


Princess Cali doesn't know what changed on the morning of her 200th birthday, but the sudden flood of emotions and curiosity leads her to drag her magical orb guardian, Voice, on a journey that quickly spins out of their control.

They bump into the sarcastic and abrasive Angel, who's fleeing from Duke Bludgaard who rules over the land of Shayal. Determined to recapture Angel, the duke sends the captain of his guard, Kota, on the hunt.


As they race across the country to escape the ruthless captain, Voice begins to weave the tale of Trabor's history from the point of view of Amee, a foreign child whose life is full of misfortune.

Heart of the Winterland is a tale of loss, betrayal, love, friendship, and striving to reach your full potential.

You can read more about Winterland at my website or buy it today on Amazon! Available in paperback and ebook!

And thank you to everyone who supported me along the way: My critique group for picking apart the manuscript over and over, fellow bloggers for interviewing me and announcing Winterland's arrival, my mom and husband for encouraging me to keep going, and my friends who cheered me on. Also special thanks to Corinne Morier for being the kid in the backseat going "Are we there yet?"

10 comments:

  1. Congrats! I love to feature you on my blog with a guest post. Of course my favorite topic will be the story behind Heart of the Winterland. What inspired the story. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lidy! I'd love to do a guest post. I'll get in contact with you soon. :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats, Kristen :) I downloaded the book and started reading just now. The prologue is amazingly written! Looking forward to the rest of the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Harini! I hope you enjoy the rest of it as well.

      Delete