Friday, August 5, 2016

Interview with Lynn Miller

This month's interview is with paranormal writer, Lynn Miller, who's working on her series The Sons of Rebellion.


Kristen - Thank you for joining me today, Lynn. When writing The Witch's Pride did you come across any specific challenges? What would you do differently the next time?

Lynn - I’ve learned so much about story structure over the course of writing this book. I’m hoping things will get easier with The Angel’s Wrath and later books. Placing the backstory and world-building became an integral part of the learning curve for me and something I hope to take forward into future stories.


Kristen - What do your family and friends think of your writing?

Lynn - I have the most supportive best friend around. She goes around introducing me as her author friend. I think she may well be more excited than I am for me to finish The Witch’s Pride. My husband is my proof reader at the moment and very supportive. Though, he does give me that blank stare when I talk about Point of View and Character Arcs. My daughter’s a teenager, the story is not about her, she has no interest.

Kristen - Don't you love the kind of friends who are more excited than you(or just as excited) about your book being finished! And I laughed about your daughter. 


When did you decide to become a writer?

Lynn - I never decided. I’ve always loved telling stories and making up worlds and characters. I would set up scenes with my Barbies every night before I fell asleep, then play them out the next day. I started committing my stories to paper in my teens but only decided to start taking it seriously in the last few years.

Kristen - We didn't have a lot of Barbies as kids, but we did have these paper dolls that we played with all the time. They had complex stories and all of this extended family. 


Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?

Lynn - Well, I’ve actually met Nelson Mandela. That experience was as awesome as everyone says. (I have an anecdote here, but it’s lengthy. Let me know if you want it) I would like to meet Joss Whedon. I think him and I could have a thing or two to talk about.


Kristen - Of all the characters you’ve created, who has been your favorite.

Lynn - Jet’s brother Adi. He will get his own book later down the line and his is probably the one I am most excited about. Adi is common theme in all the stories I’ve written. Sure his name and details change with each story, but there is always an Adi. Annoyingly intelligent and awkwardly caring.

Kristen - Some personalities you can't help but fall in love with and it's so cool that you've found a way to work one of your favorite's into a new character for all of your stories!


Thank you for answering some questions for me and good luck with your writing!


Lynn Miller lives in Johannesburg, South Africa. Her love for storytelling started before she was able read or write but she only found the time to pursue this lifelong passion once she sold her software business. Her magical tales weave the blurred grey between good and evil with love, family and friendship.When she’s not writing, you can find her curled up with a cup of coffee and her kindle. She has always enjoyed both Romance and Urban Fantasy, and she writes in the genre that encompasses both: Paranormal Romance. She’s an outdoorsy city girl - comfortable at a campsite with her family or enjoying cocktails with her girlfriends.

Don't forget to check Lynn out on social media!

Check out her website!
Follow her on Twitter!

1 comment:

  1. I too used to work out complicated stories with Barbie dolls and stuffed animals--my sister and I had a vast town/city populated by toys. It was a lot of fun!

    You're not the only one who has some words for Whedon... Would be interesting to talk to him about character development and how he develops his shows.

    ReplyDelete